Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Other Playa Yurts


The main impetus for my yurt project is to bring it to Burning Man. After last year I was thinking about buying a geodesic dome until my friend Alexis told me I should just make a yurt instead. As many people as I meet now who are familiar with yurts, I am so surprised it was the first time I had heard of them. Obsession came on very quickly. Fast forward nine months and I'm finally heeding the fabulous advice of Alexis.

Anyway, I was certain my yurt wouldn't be the first one on the playa but it wasn't until tonight that I stumbled upon examples of those who came before. Very cool stuff, but I was relieved to notice that the traditional style I'm going for wasn't represented. Perhaps I am breaking new ground in some small way.

2 Comments:

Blogger Oaktown Crack said...

That foil stuff seems like a good idea, but yeah, it takes away from the character of the thing.

15/7/06 12:35 PM  
Blogger ADEQUATE STEEL FABRICATORS said...

Buy slat wall display, we are one of the most popular slat wall display manufacturer and exporter for your stores and homes in Delhi (India).

3/9/10 2:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home